Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Next Big Thing

I've meet some wonderful authors since joining RWA and Wisconsin Romance Writers. Mary Hughes is one of my favorites! Mary asked me to join The Next Big Thing and I said, YES. So here we go.

Here's a link to Mary's next big thing from last week..

Here's my next big thing:

What is the working title of your book?
Defending Destiny: Book 3 of The Warrior Chronicles, is my work in progress.
Here's a preview of my draft cover.


Where did the idea for the book come from?
I thought it would be interesting to create a world where magic and mythic objects are not only real they create goodness in our life without our knowing it...BAM the magic happens.

What genre does your book fall under?
Contemporary romance with a mystical twist.

What actors would you choose to play in a movie version?
I'd love to see Channing Tatum as Magnus, Sean Connery as his grandfather, Seamus, Jason Statham as Shannon O'Shay, but he'd have to be aged a bit for that to work. Emma Thompson as Mari, Magnus's mother, would be great. For Daisy....actually my daughter would be perfect for that; she's strong and sweet and so fiesty she'd give Channing a run for his money!

The one sentence synopsis of my book?
Druids, stone circles an evil royal and a heroine with a knack for finding mythical artifacts who saves the day.

Will it be self published or represented by an agency?
It will be published by Pen & Sword Publishing.

How long did it take you to write the first draft?
Too long! About six months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Anything by Susan Elizabeth Phillips with some Buffy badness thrown into the mix.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
The tangible magic I feel when I'm in Scotland inspired me to set this book there and the myths of Merlin and Arthur's magic sword have been dancing in my subconscious for quite some time so I decided to add those elements to this series. That and my dojo where I meet the most interesting characters.

What else about your book might pique a readers interest?
The love stories are what make romance for me. I love the romance Magnus and Daisy create out of the most unlikely situations. I like having older secondary characters find love as well and that element is in all my stories. Romance doesn't die after forty! Neither does great sex!

Since every author that I contacted to join in with this blog event has either already participated, been tagged to participate or no longer blogs, I am including the following links to previous submissions.

Stacey Joy Netzel

Liz Kreger

Betsy Norman

...and here's a link to one of my favorite authors, James Lee Burke.



4 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that the third book in the Warrior Chronicles is coming. Your covers are awesome and I love your characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such an interesting book! And does your daughter know you're hooking her up with Channing Tatum? At least in fiction. I'm guessing she wouldn't complain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'd love it, Edie! She really likes him, especially when he dances :)

      Delete