Monday, March 21, 2011

Work, Writing and staying Positive

The first day of Spring is always a good day for me, if for no other reason than the days are getting longer and seemingly brighter and the air is getting warmer. Like many first days, this one didn't start out too well. I woke at 5a.m. to be a guest blogger and because of a glitch that fell through. My daughter then handed me a scholarship essay she completed last night, when she found it by chance. It was actually due last week on the 15th but the school was still accepting requests on a non-priority basis. After much hair pulling and some angst we got the forms completed, essay checked and she's on her way to deliver it as I type. Then my husband called and informed me that his biggest project in years is now "on hold" until a new piece of land can be found since the wetland issue is worse than first assumed.  (Please send good thoughts out to the Universe that 40 acres of suitable industrial land can be found soon and my husband's project is "back on")

That's the bad news.

The good news is I'm writing anyway. My daughter is still on her quest for a full-boat scholarship. My husband is contacting commercial realtors and sending out inquiries, and I decided to do my own blog and actually attempt to promote it. So I guess the first day of Spring, as always, is turning out to be a pretty good day. What is your hope for this Spring and how do you turn obstacles into opportunities for something even better? I'd love to hear your stories.

6 comments:

  1. Actually the wetland issue is pretty much resolved, but the soils are poor and much sitework will be necessary. Hopefully the seller and municipality will be motivated enough to make this development a reality that they contribute to its going ahead.
    My hopes for this spring are that we continue to be blessed with good health, that our daughter receive her much deserved scholarship(s), that work continues to pop up like the flowers in our front yard, and that we all take some time to show those we love that we love them. Every obstacle is simply an opportunity to dig in deep and come up with a creative solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get to host a very lovely young lady from Aix in Provence in 3 weeks! That's what we get to brighten our spring with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Michele,
    Congratulations! How exciting. How long will she be staying? Hope you have a wonderful time with her, it's such a great opportunity for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dirt Digger,
    You are right. It's always the right time to tell family and friends we love them. Hey family and friends (you know who you are)I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring always brings in new life, whether it be expressed through obsticles or opportunities. I hope that your family be blessed with opportunities, and that you may enjoy all that this year has to bring for you. Even though it rains in April... May flowers always result. Best of luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Spring, Top Knot. May the flowers bloom well for you too and may you always see opportunity when obstacles emerge on your path.

    ReplyDelete