Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Too Much Information...Too Little Spring.

I've always been interested in what is happening in the world, at least since I can remember. Part of that probably comes from a fascination with princes and princesses and the Loch Ness Monster as a child; and at least with the monster the fascination continues.

Since undergraduate school, I've read the foreign papers sporadically. In Law School, I read nothing but law and romance novels to keep me sane and grounded, and to nurture my happily-ever-after fix.

Lately I've been a news junkie. I read no less than seven papers a day online, which inevitably take me to sites I just have to know about to be more informed and less opinionated. The result? I need romance more than ever. I need to write it and I need to read it and I need to experience it to keep my hair on my head and not in piles on the floor.

I've also found this new need to DO something about what I'm reading; to CHANGE what I can for the better instead of just bemoaning the facts as they stand.

I blame Spring.

I'm also experiencing an unprecedented need to clean and de-clutter and all around spruce-up my physical surroundings. I am also going through a career shift that is major and scary and exciting and once again scary, scary, scary...

So I ask you, what do you do when the world or the news or the stressors we all feel pushing our psychic energy around, threaten your equilibrium? What helps you focus? What makes you want to stand up and do something pro-active to facilitate positive change?

Happy Spring! Here's to less news and more action! Happy Writing...Happy Reading.

Leigh 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you one hundred percent when you say you have a sort of spring fever. Spring can't come fast enough. Additionally, reading the news and doing research on what is going on in our world is something I should do more of. It seems as though a lot of history has been made in the past two or three years, and I think we should all take some time to realize what affects these historical events are going to have on our future generations. Thank you Leigh... I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking Balance is the key to most important things in life. Read more. Opine less. And where you see a need for change, don't complain and thing that's going to make a difference, take peaceful and thoughtful action. I'm going to try to make that my Spring Resolution. Hope it works! Enjoy whatever works for you!

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete