Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day One and a little bit o' Burns

Today, January 25, 2012, is my official first full-time writing day. It's also the great Scottish Bard's birthday. Whether that will be significant in the days and weeks and years to come, I can only guess, but today I'm guessing I will remember it as an auspicious moment in time. A time when I chose the path less traveled and scared the sh** out of myself and changed my life in the process.

Sounds like an awful lot to live up to, doesn't it? Well, I believe small moments define us and our respective paths. As to it being Burn's Night well that could just be a happy coincidence or it could mean that the bard somewhere in the cosmos is smiling and perhaps laughing as I and others like me try to put pen to paper, finger to key-board, yadayadayada, and create something enjoyable.

So in the Spirit of the Bard and Creative souls everywhere I salute you and your efforts big and small, good and worthy of tossing in the trash and re-doing. Even those efforts mean we are in fact "doing".  Who knows where this path will ultimately lead, it keeps changing as I travel further along. I'm just glad on Day One that got up and started walking.  

In Honor of Robby Burns, may you:
"...catch the moments as they fly, and use them as ye ought, man: Believe me, happiness is shy, and comes not aye when sought..."  (1787) from A Bottle and Friend


Happy Burns Day & Night
Leigh

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your courage to choose the path less traveled! For yes! As Robby Burns urges us, we must "catch the moments as they fly..." Love it!

    ReplyDelete