Friday, September 20, 2013

Cooking in the Mountains

(originally posted at my Authors of Main Street blog on 7/17/13)

BBQ or any kind of meal preparation that involves fun and the outdoors is always more about enjoying the company of those I love than the food itself, although that is important too. This season, summer into early fall, is perfect for outdoor life and outdoor cooking.
Image
I'm typing this from the Starbucks in Jackson Hole, WY with very little battery life left in my husband's computer. We've been hiking and fishing and wading in alpine lakes and streams as we bond as a family. And we've been camping in tents and preparing most of our meals on a gas stove or directly over a campfire.
Image
My favorite so far has been our dinner of Cutthroat trout which we all took a hand in catching under the dam in the Snake River. I'm happy to say I caught four of the nine we consumed! The best way to cook mountain trout is fresh with butter. That's it. That's all. Just butter, mountain air and flame until they are no longer raw. No salt. No pepper. No lemon. Just a whole lotta love and an appreciation for the atmosphere and the fish who presented themselves for our dinner.
ImageImage  Image
When I get home I will be posting more recipes in the comment section of my post. Mainly because I LOVE to cook and I LOVE to share. :)

Below please find a link to my latest book in the Warrior Chronicles: DEFENDING DESTINY. It is available exclusively on Amazon's KDP Select until Oct. 7th, and will be widely available after that date.

Image 


Happy Reading. Happy Eating. And Happy Trails, My Friends! Love from the Tetons,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment